Thursday 17 September 2009

Obituary


My best friend, Ebony, has died. She was at least 18 years old and was very well until only a few days ago, she had a good life.

Most cats just bash me on the nose, Ebony rolled around with me and played and we were such good friends. When I visited my real Mum, Elizabeth, she was always there, and I would have a little play with her, once I had eaten my treat and had a look in the bins of course. She came to Michael House for her holidays, I was always pleased to see her, and everyone except Ted loved her. Ted hated her, but she bossed him about, which was good for Ted.

I will miss Ebony, she made a funny noise, because she was deaf. She looked after Elizabeth nicely when I no longer could.

love Barney

4 comments:

  1. What a sad post..... but eighteen is a good number of years to have lived. We had a black cat until two years ago (Pickle's sister) and what a little minx/treasure/heart stealer she was. We still miss her. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. thank you, yes, she was a lovely little girl, it is always so sad when they go. She was my mother-in-law's cat, but we saw her a lot, and it will doubtless hit me when we visit Elizabeth next.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am very sorry to hear this - loss is tough.

    ReplyDelete
  4. thank you, yes it is odd without her. i dont think it was obvious from the post that Barney, who 'wrote' it, is a dog! Maybe it is eminently clear!

    ReplyDelete